Killarney and its wild rugged mountainous surrounds are one of the most spectacular areas in the whole of Ireland. It is our priority and must be the priority of all competitors to leave it as they find it and ensure Killarney High Peaks Challenge is an environmentally friendly event.
We are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to host our event on Private Land and we are hugely grateful to all the various landowners and the MacGillycuddy’s Reeks Access Forum for their kind permission to do so.
Please be considerate of the environment when planning your training and limit activity to sustainable surfaces, particularly when including mountain days.
It is of paramount importance that all participants respect the following environmental policy:
• Competitors must keep to the defined route and do not take short cuts
• Respect land owners by closing gates and not causing damage to walls or fences
• Strictly NO DOGS allowed on this event
• Respect the environment and obey The Country Code
• Adhere to the ethics of Leave No Trace